Mass Reality Check: College Doc Shorts
The Mass Reality Check is a college doc shorts showcase for college and university students and recent graduates working in short documentary and experimental documentary film. Every student whose film is selected to screen at Salem Film Fest 2016 will receive an all-access pass to the festival and a jury of our sponsors will award one filmmaker “Best Short.” Programming staff from Salem Film Fest and representatives from LEF Foundation, Documentary Educational Resources and The Independent, will meet individually with the Mass Reality Check winner after the festival to give them advice about filmmaking as a career and provide insights into funding, distribution as well as other professional considerations.
1. Submitting your film is free, but to participate you must be:
Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a Massachusetts college or university, OR a recent graduate who attended a Massachusetts college or university during the 2014-2015 school year.
A Massachusetts resident either currently enrolled in an out of state college or university OR a recent graduate in the 2014-2015 calendar year.
2. Submissions must be either documentary short or experimental documentary short film.
3. Submitted film must be no shorter than 3 minutes and no longer than 25 minutes.
4. You may only enter one film.
5. Any stock footage or music that might appear in your film must be properly licensed.
6. Your film must have been completed after January 1, 2015.
7. All applicants must fill out an official Mass Reality Check Entry Form. Download Here: MRCEntryForm2016.
8. When submitting your film, please provide two DVD screeners, as well as an online screening link if available.
9. Films may be submitted immediately, but must be received by Friday, February 5, 2016 to be considered.
Mail your entry to the following address:
Mass Reality Check @ Salem Film Fest
1 East India Square Mall
Salem, MA 01970
10. Once you have mailed your entry, please send an e-mail to MassRealityCheck@salemfilmfest.com to let us know you have entered and when you sent your submission.
Do not mail Salem Film Fest any materials you need returned.