Become a Volunteer
Volunteering at the Salem Film Fest is a fun and enriching life experience. There are two main ways to get involved: as a pre-festival volunteer and as an in-festival volunteer.
Pre-fest volunteers work on a team to mount and promote the festival.
- Educators: reaching out to area high schools and colleges
- Film and Video professionals: compiling trailers, working on in-Festival production teams, and creating presentation DVDs
- Development/fundraisers: contacting existing and prospective film sponsors
- Film Advocates: adopting a particular film in order to nurture its audience
- Writers including social media, and publicists: writing articles, blogs, and press releases; integrating social network technologies; distributing posters, schedules and other print materials
- Hospitality: providing transportation and other logistics for visiting filmmakers from America and Europe
In-festival volunteers help make this rich and complex event transpire smoothly, orienting moviegoers, providing technical support, facilitating the Audience Award balloting, and assisting filmmakers, musicians, moderators, and other festival participants. The pace is fast and the challenges are many, but the experience is fun and gratifying — and you’ve made a real contribution to a great event.
Although volunteers do not receive cash compensation, participants who contribute at least 4 hours to the festival will receive two voucher tickets. Volunteers who contribute over 20 hours will receive 5 voucher tickets to all Salem Film Fest films and events, including more than 35 film screenings, multiple parties, concerts, and other fun events.
The last day to sign up to become a volunteer is Sunday, February 26th. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please fill out this form.
If you have any questions about volunteering please contact us.